Friday, January 23, 2009

Project 365 - Geting Started

Project 365 is an attempt to shoot a photograph every day for 365 days. My Day 1 is January 14, 2009.

I have enjoyed taking pictures since I was a teenager. Started out with 35 mm black and white film, color slides and color film. My first digital camera was a Sony DSC55. Last year purchased a NIKON DSLR camera, flash and lens.Took the jump to start a picture-a-day portfolio. Taking pictures for 365 consecutive days seems like a challenging task. You're invited to follow along and enjoy the journey with me. http://havens.zenfolio.com/f688306345 . I hope to document my year through my eyes while creatively improving my photography skills and rekindling the joy of photography.

'My' ground rules, to keep me on track:
1. Image does not have to be 'masterpiece' but an opportunity to search down deep to be creative.
2. Shoot an image every day.
3. Failing that use an image from a day or 2 either side of 'the' day.
4. List new pictures weekly or more often.
5. Have FUN!

There's loads I've probably already forgotten, but here's some creative examples I can think of for now:

Photo 'type':
- Landscape
- Portrait
- Macro
- Night shot
- Long exposure
- Abstract
- Panned shot/motion blur
- Silhouette

Style/Design (as suggested in 'Learning to See Creatively' by Bryan Peterson):
- Line
- Shape
- Form (i.e. shape with 3 dimensions)
- Texture
- Pattern
- ColorSubject
- Candid portrait/street photograph
- Sports
- Public event
- Nature
- Reflection
- Birds In Flight

No comments:

Post a Comment